Can you believe that we are only a few months away from 2023, and some of our favorite tunes that we grew up listening to will be turning 30? It’s hard to believe that so much time has passed, but it’s true – time flies! While we may feel a bit nostalgic, let’s take a moment to appreciate these songs that have truly stood the test of time.
With so many things turning 30 in 2023, it’s important not to forget the impact that music has on our lives. We can’t help but wonder what songs will be next in line for their big 3-0 milestone. As we countdown to the new year, we thought it would be fun to take a walk down memory lane and explore the songs that are turning 30 in 2023.
From classic ballads to upbeat jams, we’ll be exploring the most iconic songs that have shaped our generation. We may even include some bonus songs for the music aficionados out there that are turning 40 in 2023! So, get ready to sing along as we take a trip back to the year 1993.
Not only will we be discussing the songs that are turning 30 in 2023, but we’ll also be taking a look at what was the most played song in 1993. This way, we can compare what the world was listening to then versus now. It’s amazing how much has changed in the music industry, and yet some things stay the same.
So, get ready to hit play on some of the most iconic hits of our generation. Let’s relive some special memories and celebrate the fantastic songs that have brought us so much joy over the years!
Things Turning 30 in 2023
As we welcome 2023, it’s interesting to note that there are a lot of things that will be turning 30 this year. Here are some of the most notable ones:
- Jurassic Park
- Mrs. Doubtfire
- The Fugitive
- Sleepless in Seattle
- Groundhog Day
- The X-Files
- NYPD Blue
- Dr. Quinn, Medicine Woman
- Saved by the Bell
- The World Wide Web
- Intel Pentium Processor
- Adobe Photoshop
Other Interesting Things
- The “Got Milk?” Ad Campaign
- Beanie Babies
- The first Predator drone
It’s hard to believe that all of these things are turning 30 in 2023! It seems like only yesterday we were watching Jurassic Park for the first time or trying to create the perfect SimCity. Time sure does fly.
As we look back on these thirty-year-old movies, TV shows, and technologies, it’s fun to see how much our world has changed. These reminders allow us to reflect on how far we’ve come and to be excited about what the future holds.
What Songs Are Turning 30?
It’s hard to believe that some songs that we grew up listening to are already turning 30 next year! With music evolving and changing over time, we can’t help but look back and reminisce about some of our favorite songs that are turning 30 in 2023. Here are some of the songs that will be celebrating their 30th anniversaries:
Top 5 Songs That Are Turning 30 Next Year
- “Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson
- “Every Breath You Take” by The Police
- “Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)” by Eurythmics
- “Let’s Dance” by David Bowie
- “Girls Just Want to Have Fun” by Cyndi Lauper
Other Notable Songs Turning 30 Next Year
- “Africa” by Toto
- “Come On Eileen” by Dexys Midnight Runners
- “Total Eclipse of the Heart” by Bonnie Tyler
- “Maneater” by Hall & Oates
- “Flashdance… What a Feeling” by Irene Cara
It’s fascinating to see how these songs have stood the test of time and continue to be popular even after 30 years. We might even catch ourselves singing along to them whenever they come on the radio or during karaoke nights.
So, get ready to celebrate the 30th anniversary of these timeless tunes! Whether you’re dancing to “Let’s Dance” or singing along to “Girls Just Want to Have Fun,” these classic songs will forever have a special place in our hearts and our playlists.
Songs That Are 40 Years Old in 2023
As we move closer to 2023, we will be celebrating the 40th anniversary of some iconic songs that shaped the music industry and our lives. Here are some of the songs that are turning 40 in 2023:
“Billie Jean” by Michael Jackson
- Released on January 2, 1983
- Considered to be one of Michael Jackson’s greatest songs
- Its music video was the first video by a black artist to air on MTV
“Sweet Child O’ Mine” by Guns N’ Roses
- Released on July 21, 1983
- Their only number one hit on the Billboard Hot 100 chart
- Ranked as the best guitar riff of all time by Total Guitar magazine
“Every Breath You Take” by The Police
- Released on May 20, 1983
- Won the Grammy Awards for Song of the Year and Best Pop Performance by a Duo or Group with Vocal in 1984
- Its lyrics were often misinterpreted as a love song, while it was actually about surveillance and control
“Let’s Dance” by David Bowie
- Released on March 14, 1983
- Produced by Nile Rodgers, who also co-wrote the song with Bowie
- Its music video featured Bowie dancing with a group of Aboriginal people, which was considered a groundbreaking representation of Indigenous people on screen
“Flashdance…What a Feeling” by Irene Cara
- Released on April 15, 1983
- The theme song of the movie “Flashdance”
- Won the Academy Award for Best Original Song in 1984
As we celebrate the 40th anniversary of these songs, we can relive the memories they brought us and appreciate how they continue to influence and inspire new generations of musicians and music lovers.
What Was the Most Played Song in 2023?
It’s always interesting to see which song will reign supreme as the most played track each year. Despite being almost a decade away, we can take an educated guess on which song will take the crown in 2023. Here are some potential candidates:
“Shape of You” by Ed Sheeran
This incredibly catchy track dominated the charts upon its release in 2017 and continues to be a crowd-pleaser years later. It’s not impossible to imagine that “Shape of You” will still be on heavy rotation in 2023.
“Uptown Funk” by Mark Ronson ft. Bruno Mars
Another energetic and upbeat hit, “Uptown Funk” was a cultural phenomenon upon its release in 2014. Its popularity hasn’t waned much in the years since, and it’s likely that it will still be a staple on the radio in 2023.
“Closer” by The Chainsmokers ft. Halsey
Released in 2016, this moody and sultry track quickly became one of the most streamed songs in history. Even though it’s been a few years since its release, “Closer” is still a commonly played song on the radio and at parties.
“Old Town Road” by Lil Nas X ft. Billy Ray Cyrus
This viral hit took the world by storm in 2019 and became the longest-running #1 song in Billboard history. Its catchy hook and unique blend of hip-hop and country elements make it a strong contender for most played song come 2023.
“Happy” by Pharrell Williams
Released in 2013, “Happy” became an instant feel-good anthem with its infectious chorus and upbeat instrumentation. It’s still a frequently played song on the radio and at events, making it a likely candidate for most played song in 2023.
Other Possible Contenders
While the above songs are strong contenders, there are always surprise hits that come out of nowhere. Here are some other songs to keep an eye on:
- “All About That Bass” by Meghan Trainor
- “Can’t Stop the Feeling!” by Justin Timberlake
- “Lovely” by Billie Eilish ft. Khalid
- “Blinding Lights” by The Weeknd
What do you think will be the most played song in 2023? Only time will tell, but it’s always fun to speculate and enjoy the hits of the moment.