SZA has been a hot topic in recent years, garnering a loyal following with her soulful R&B sound and raw lyrical content. From her awkward beginnings to her rise to fame and relationships with A-list celebrities, there’s no shortage of stories surrounding this enigmatic artist. This blog post is going to delve deep into SZA’s timeline, examining key moments in her career and personal life. We’ll take a closer look at some of her most popular releases, including the collab with Drake on “2am” and the release of “Come and See Me” with Partynextdoor.
But we’ll also explore some of the lesser-known parts of SZA’s journey, like how she actually got her start in the music industry, and some of the struggles she’s faced along the way. We’ll dive into her relationship history, including that infamous time she dated Drake when she was just 21 years old. And we’ll take a closer look at some of her most relatable lyrics, like “I never wanna be the person I was with my ex.”
So strap in and get ready for a comprehensive deep-dive into the world of SZA. Whether you’re a die-hard fan or just discovering her for the first time, there’s something for everyone in this post. Let’s get started!
Far SZA: A Look Into Her Musical Journey
SZA is a force to be reckoned with in the music industry, gracing us with her angelic voice, relatable lyrics, and unique style. One thing that sets her apart from other artists is her ability to provide a relatable story through her music. In this section, let’s delve into SZA’s musical journey, particularly her journey to creating her breakout album “CTRL.”
From Afar to Close-Up
Before SZA released her debut album, “CTRL,” she was known for her mixtapes and EPs such as S, SZA, and See.SZA.Run. These projects gained her followers from afar, but it wasn’t until she signed with Top Dawg Entertainment and released “CTRL” in 2017 that she garnered mainstream attention.
SZA’s journey to creating “CTRL” wasn’t easy. She initially signed with Top Dawg Entertainment as a songwriter but struggled to fit into the label’s primarily male roster. After experiencing creative differences with the label, she decided to go independent and created “CTRL” in her grandmother’s basement.
One thing that sets “CTRL” apart from other albums is the subtle references to SZA’s personal life. For instance, in the song “Supermodel,” she touches on a past relationship with a famous rapper that left her feeling inadequate. In “Drew Barrymore,” she recalls feeling self-conscious about her gap tooth as a child.
To create “CTRL,” SZA worked with various producers, including Pharrell Williams and James Fauntleroy. Furthermore, she collaborated with fellow artists such as Travis Scott and James Vincent McMorrow. These collaborations allowed her to step out of her comfort zone and create something unique.
“CTRL” was a commercial and critical success, debuting at number three on the Billboard 200 chart and receiving Grammy nominations for Best Urban Contemporary Album and Best R&B Performance for the song “The Weekend.” The album tackled issues such as love, heartbreak, and self-love, resonating with listeners worldwide.
SZA’s journey to creating “CTRL” was one of hard work and perseverance. She went from being a relatively unknown artist with a small following to becoming a household name in the music industry. Her unique style and unapologetic lyrics have made her one of the most influential artists of our time, inspiring listeners to embrace their true selves.
SZA Topic: Why SZA is taking over the music industry
You may have heard of SZA and her music, but do you know how she’s making an impact in the music industry? Here are some reasons why SZA is taking over and gaining popularity among music fans:
Unique sound and style
- SZA’s music stands out with her unique blend of R&B, soul, and alternative sound.
- Her lyrics are relatable, and her songs are about personal experiences, making her music more authentic and genuine.
- SZA’s style is also unique and eye-catching. She often rocks colorful and bold outfits that represent her personality and individuality.
- SZA has collaborated with other popular artists like Travis Scott, Justin Timberlake, and Doja Cat, exposing her music to more audiences.
- Her collaboration with Travis Scott on the song “Love Galore” became a huge success, and her feature on Doja Cat’s song “Kiss Me More” has been a chart-topper.
Social media presence
- SZA is active on social media platforms like Twitter and Instagram, where she often shares her thoughts and interacts with fans.
- Her social media presence has helped her gain a loyal fan base and more exposure.
- SZA has been nominated for multiple Grammy awards, including Best New Artist, Best Urban Contemporary Album, and Best R&B Performance.
- Her 2017 album, “Ctrl,” received critical acclaim and was nominated for several awards, solidifying her status as a talented artist.
- SZA’s authenticity and transparency have earned her respect and admiration from fans and the music industry.
- She often speaks her mind about personal issues, like mental health and body positivity, inspiring others to be confident in themselves.
In summary, SZA’s unique sound, collaborations, social media presence, Grammy nominations, and authenticity are some of the reasons why she’s taking over the music industry. Keep an eye on this rising star, as she continues to make waves in the industry.
SZA: Come and See Me
Awkward Moments with SZA
If you’re a fan of SZA, then you know that she has a unique personality that makes her stand out from other artists. While her music is relatable and emotionally charged, her awkward and charming demeanor has made her a beloved figure in the music industry. Here are some awkward moments that SZA has experienced:
- During a radio interview, SZA was asked about her first kiss and she responded by saying “I don’t remember,” but later added, “It was really bad, probably because it was with a white boy.”
- SZA once tweeted that she wore a bonnet on stage because she didn’t feel like doing her hair. She also revealed that her mom was in the audience and was not pleased with her choice of headwear.
- At the 2018 Grammys, SZA lost in all five categories she was nominated in. In an interview with GQ, she revealed that she cried in the car after the awards ceremony but received a call from her grandmother, who reminded her to be grateful for the opportunities she had.
- SZA admitted that when she was younger, she found it difficult to form friendships with other girls. She revealed that she was often teased for being “weird” and didn’t feel like she fit in.
- During a performance on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon, SZA’s mic stand fell over mid-performance. She didn’t let it phase her though and continued to sing while picking up the stand and repositioning it.
Despite these moments of awkwardness, SZA has remained true to herself and has become a role model for many young women. She embraces her flaws and quirks and encourages others to do the same. We can all learn from SZA’s example and embrace our own awkward moments, knowing that they are what make us unique and special.
SZA’s Timeline: From Early Life to Fame
SZA, whose real name is Solána Imani Rowe, was born on November 8, 1989, in St. Louis, Missouri. Raised in a Muslim family, the singer-songwriter has been vocal about the impact of her faith on her music.
Here’s a brief timeline of SZA’s life and career:
- SZA was raised alongside her siblings in Maplewood, New Jersey, after her family moved there when she was young.
- Music played a pivotal role in her upbringing, and her father was a record producer who worked with artists like Ahmad Jamal and Diana Ross.
- After high school, SZA attended college at Delaware State University, where she majored in marine biology before dropping out to pursue music.
- While living in New York City, SZA began writing and recording music. She eventually caught the attention of Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE), the label responsible for artists like Kendrick Lamar and Schoolboy Q.
- In 2012, SZA released her debut EP, “See.SZA.Run,” followed by “S” in 2013 and “Z” in 2014.
- She gained critical acclaim for her unique blend of soul, R&B, and hip-hop, which was influenced by artists like Björk and Lauryn Hill.
- SZA’s debut studio album, “Ctrl,” was released in June 2017 and received widespread critical acclaim. It featured hit singles like “Love Galore” (featuring Travis Scott) and “The Weekend.”
- The album helped to solidify SZA’s place as one of the most innovative and talented artists in contemporary R&B. She was subsequently nominated for several Grammy Awards, including Best Urban Contemporary Album and Best New Artist.
- In addition to her successful music career, SZA has also become a fashion icon, often making bold and daring fashion choices on the red carpet.
SZA’s journey from a talented newcomer to a Grammy-nominated artist is an inspiring story of hard work and perseverance. With her unique voice and eclectic musical style, there’s no doubt that she will continue to be a force to be reckoned with in the years to come.
SZA and Drake’s 2AM Collaboration: A Match Made in Musical Heaven
If you’re a fan of SZA and Drake, then you’re probably aware of their collaboration on the song “2AM” from SZA’s acclaimed debut album “Ctrl.” The track is a mesmerizing mix of SZA’s soulful vocals and Drake’s signature flow, which has cemented its place as one of the best hip-hop and R&B collaborations in recent years. Here’s everything you need to know about SZA and Drake’s 2AM collaboration:
The Inspiration Behind “2AM”
SZA has described “2AM” as being about the “lonely, Tinder, horny hour,” a time when people are often looking for someone to connect with. The song explores the idea of using a casual fling or one-night stand to escape feelings of loneliness or emotional emptiness. Drake’s verse on the track perfectly complements SZA’s message, as he raps about the pitfalls of casual relationships and the difficulty of finding genuine connection in a hookup culture.
The Song’s Production
“2AM” was produced by ThankGod4Cody, who has worked with both SZA and Drake on multiple occasions. The track features a smooth, minimalist beat that allows SZA’s vocals to shine while still incorporating Drake’s signature sound. The song’s production perfectly captures the late-night vibe and adds to the intimacy and raw emotion of the lyrics.
The Song’s Critical Reception
“2AM” was universally praised by both fans and critics alike. Many hailed it as a standout track from “Ctrl” and praised SZA and Drake’s chemistry on the song. The track was also highly successful commercially, with “Ctrl” debuting at number three on the Billboard 200 and “2AM” quickly becoming a fan favorite.
The Impact of “2AM” on SZA’s Career
“2AM” helped to propel SZA’s career to new heights, launching her into the mainstream and solidifying her status as a rising star in the music industry. The success of the song and “Ctrl” led to SZA being nominated for numerous awards and even landing a spot on the Black Panther soundtrack.
SZA and Drake’s collaboration on “2AM” is a masterful blend of two of the biggest names in hip-hop and R&B. The track perfectly captures the late-night vibe and explores complex themes of loneliness and emotional emptiness, making it a standout song on SZA’s already impressive debut album. If you haven’t had a chance to listen to “2AM” yet, do yourself a favor and give it a spin. You won’t be disappointed.
How SZA became a famous artist
SZA is an American singer and songwriter known for her unique style of music. She started her career as a music producer and worked with different artists before gaining recognition as a singer. Here is how SZA became a famous artist and what she did to get there:
- SZA was born Solana Imani Rowe in St. Louis, Missouri, on November 8, 1989.
- She grew up in Maplewood, New Jersey, where she attended Columbia High School.
- During her teenage years, SZA was a gymnast and played several sports.
- SZA started her career as a music producer and began making beats when she was in college.
- She moved to Brooklyn, New York, to pursue her music career and worked as a bartender to make ends meet.
- In 2012, SZA released her debut EP, “See.SZA.Run,” which was well-received by critics and fans.
- In 2013, SZA signed to Top Dawg Entertainment (TDE), a record label that represents several famous artists, including Kendrick Lamar and Jay Rock.
- Being signed to TDE gave SZA exposure to a wider audience, and she started to gain a following.
- In 2017, SZA released her debut studio album, “Ctrl,” which was a commercial and critical success.
- The album debuted at number three on the US Billboard 200 and earned her several award nominations.
- “Ctrl” received acclaim from critics for its honesty and vulnerability, dealing with themes of love, insecurity, and self-acceptance.
Collaborations and Features
- SZA has collaborated with several famous artists, including Kendrick Lamar, Travis Scott, and Chance the Rapper.
- She has also featured on songs for Rihanna, Maroon 5, and DJ Khaled, among others.
- Her collaborations and features have helped her gain more exposure and fans around the world.
SZA’s unique sound and style have made her one of the most exciting artists in the music industry today. She has worked hard to get where she is, starting her career as a music producer and working her way up. From signing with TDE to collaborating with famous artists, SZA has made a name for herself and continues to make great music. If you are a fan of SZA, be sure to check out her music and stay tuned for more exciting projects in the future.
SZA Relationship History
SZA, whose real name is Solána Imani Rowe, is known for her soulful music and authentic lyrics that reflect her personal experiences. Many fans are curious about her relationship history and have been following her romantic life with keen interest.
Here are some of the relationships SZA has been involved in:
- SZA has stated that she had her first kiss when she was just 12 years old.
- She had a boyfriend in high school, but their relationship ended when he cheated on her.
- In college, she dated a guy who was interested in music, just like her. They even wrote a song together, but the relationship didn’t last long.
Drew Barrymore Music Video
In 2017, SZA released her hit song “Drew Barrymore,” which was inspired by the actress. The music video featured a mysterious love interest played by actor Drew Barrymore’s goddaughter, Normani.
One of SZA’s most publicized relationships was with fellow musician The Weeknd. SZA and The Weeknd collaborated on the song “Power Is Power,” from the Game of Thrones soundtrack in 2019. Rumors about their romantic affiliation sprouted after they were spotted getting cozy at Coachella and various award shows. Nonetheless, neither artist confirmed a romantic relationship publicly.
SZA’s Views on Relationships
In interviews, SZA has been candid about her views on love, sex, and relationships. Here are a few memorable quotes:
- “I love falling in love with people and falling out of love with people, and I think everyone deserves a chance. I think people should always follow their hearts.”
- “I love sex. Sex is an experience, and you have to be free and in tune with yourself and the person you are having sex with.”
- “I think everybody in a relationship should have a human, a credit score, and a kid, and they should all be good. You should have a friendship, you should have a foundation, you should enjoy them as a person.”
SZA’s relationships have been a topic of interest for many of her fans. While she’s kept much of her personal life private, her honest and introspective music gives a glimpse into her romantic experiences.
How Old Was SZA When She Dated Drake?
SZA is known for her soul-stirring voice, relatable lyrics, and confident personality. Her collaborations with popular artists such as Drake have made her more famous, and people love to know every detail about her life and career. One such question that fans have been asking is: How old was SZA when she dated Drake?
Let’s delve into the topic and explore the answer.
SZA and Drake’s Relationship
SZA and Drake’s relationship was not a formal one. They were never officially dating, but there were rumors that they had a romantic connection. In 2017, Drake mentioned SZA in his song “Jorja Interlude,” which sparked rumors that they might have been dating.
SZA, whose real name is Solána Imani Rowe, was born on November 8, 1989. This makes her currently 31 years old. When Drake mentioned her in his song in 2017, she was 27 years old.
Although the rumors of SZA and Drake dating may never be confirmed, fans are still interested in knowing every detail about their relationship. SZA was 27 years old when Drake mentioned her in his song, and she is currently 31 years old.
Some key takeaways from this section include:
- SZA and Drake’s relationship was never confirmed.
- SZA was 27 years old when Drake mentioned her in his song.
- SZA is currently 31 years old.
In conclusion, while SZA’s relationship with Drake may forever remain a mystery, it’s clear that she’s made a significant impact in the music industry and continues to produce inspiring music for her fans.
SZA Come and See Me Partynextdoor Release Date
Partynextdoor, the Canadian singer, released his hit song “Come and See Me” in 2016. It quickly became popular, with fans loving the relatable lyrics and the smooth R&B beats.
Here are some key facts to know about the release date and success of “Come and See Me:”
The song was released on March 23, 2016, on SoundCloud.
“Come and See Me” was a huge success, peaking at number 55 on the US Billboard Hot 100.
The song also peaked at number 22 on the US Hot R&B/Hip-Hop Songs chart.
Partynextdoor wrote the song with Drake, who also provided vocals for the track.
The song features guest vocals from SZA, which adds a unique touch to the song.
“Come and See Me” was included in Partynextdoor’s album “Partynextdoor 3” released in 2016.
The song received a nomination for the MTV Video Music Award for Best Video of the Year.
“Come and See Me” is a timeless classic loved by many, and knowing these facts about the release date and success of the song only adds to its appeal.
SZA: “I Never Wanna Be the Person I Was With My Ex”
If you’ve ever been through a breakup, you know how painful and emotionally exhausting it can be. It’s tough to move on from someone you once cared about deeply, especially when you’ve invested so much time and energy into the relationship. But as the saying goes, time heals all wounds, and for SZA, that phrase has a deeper meaning.
SZA is an American singer and songwriter known for her sultry R&B sound and introspective lyrics. In her song “Come and See Me,” she sings about the longing and pain that comes with missing an ex-partner. However, in an interview, she revealed that she never wants to be the person she was with her ex again.
Here are some key takeaways from SZA’s interview about self-growth and moving on from toxic relationships:
Recognizing Toxic Patterns
SZA acknowledges that she was in a toxic relationship and that it was taking a toll on her mental health. She talks about how it’s essential to recognize the warning signs of a toxic relationship, such as:
- Feeling like you’re in a constant battle with your partner
- Gaslighting, manipulation, and controlling behavior
- A lack of trust and support in the relationship
- Feeling like you’re walking on eggshells because of your partner’s unpredictable behavior
Growth Through Pain
SZA’s experiences have taught her that pain can be a powerful motivator for growth. She talks about how, after the breakup, she took the time to reflect on her life and her past decisions. She realized that she needed to make changes in her life to become the person she wanted to be.
Learning to Love Yourself
One of the critical takeaways from SZA’s interview is that it’s crucial to learn to love and accept yourself before entering into a new relationship. She talks about how she had to learn to be comfortable in her skin and accept herself for who she is, flaws and all.
SZA’s journey to self-realization and growth is ongoing. She’s committed to moving forward and becoming the best version of herself. In her music, she’s open and vulnerable about her struggles with relationships, mental health, and self-discovery, and that’s why her fans love her.
In conclusion, SZA’s journey to self-growth and learning from past relationships is something that we can all relate to. Her music is a testament to the power of vulnerability and honesty in art, and her message of self-love and growth is inspiring to many.